Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year 2013 Game Day

The Davis Board Gamers convened for eight hours of gaming fun.

The participants were: Anthony, Brian, Dagon, Daniel, Erica, Evan, Frank, Jason, Jeff, Jenn, Jessica, Norah, Paul, Romeo, and Shelly. (We missed you Steve! I was prepared to pummel you in Tammany Hall.) Bean and Norah were good girls. They sat and shared a rice cake under one of the tables.

We played (in chronological order): Bang!, Puerto Rico, Saint Petersburg, For Sale, Kingdom Builder, Ra, Stone Age, Kingdom Builder (again), No Thanks!, Ascending Empires, Flowerfall (x2), Samarkand, Flowerfall (again), No Thanks (again), and Parade.

Thanks to all who attended and to those who brought yummy food and drink. It was a great time. (I think I may see a tradition forming...)

2 comments:

  1. Sad I missed it but the stars did not align with child-care. I would have loved to have been pummeled in Tammany Hall. I'd probably spend all my time worrying about feeding my Italians! And I'm sorry I missed Ascending Empires and Samarkand. I've only played AE the once and never Samarkand. Is it "simplified Chicago Express"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samarkand does have a lot in common with Chicago Express, but with a much more open board. I'll bring it to the next Tuesday night at Dagon's.

    ReplyDelete