Friday, January 8, 2010

January 12 Event

We had a very successful event at Round Table on 1/12. Eleven people showed up, including Anu and Soren, Dagon and his son (whose name I missed, sorry), Erica and her son Anthony, Jeff,  John and Elysia (sp?), Steve, and myself.

We started with FITS, Ticket to Ride, Hive, and (I think) Set. Those all wrapped up around the same time and we regrouped to play Power Grid: Factory Manager, and Incan Gold. When Incan Gold finished up a few people had to leave. Those who stayed played Veneta.

Anu and Soren offered to host the next event, which is set for 2/26 at the Cranbrook apartments.

Game on!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to record this for posterity.

    FITS was really fun. For a game with literally no player interaction, we had quite a bit of interaction. Deals were struck, prayers were made, curses could have been sworn. I think all enjoyed, even me, who came in dead last.

    Incan Gold was suggested by me because we had a family of four who had only half an hour until they had to leave. We played with 7, and again, it went really well. I think all enjoyed it and Jeff may potentially buy it for himself. I'll bring it again.

    As the other group was still playing PG:Factory Manager, we moved on to Vineta. It's a game of hidden identities as you try to save your people and your part of the island. Really fun as you try to deduce who is who, and although I only guessed Elysia's identity, I still came out on top by one point.

    Not sure how the other games went, but all I played were very fun and would play all of them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Factory Manager was a first play for all of us. It was very interesting, but I think we were too unfamiliar with the choices available to have well developed strategies.

    Anu surprised me with the win. (I had a solid lead in income for the last two turns, but it turned out she had been conserving cash and had enough of a reserve to put her ahead of me at the end. Sneaky!)

    I'm looking forward to future plays.

    ReplyDelete